Thursday 27 September 2012

POST 3: MY BEST HOLIDAYS


The topic of this week’s post is your best holidays.  So get inspired and say:
- when they were
- people you were with
- where you travelled
- things you did
- reasons why these holidays were so good
- include images

Please have a look at my sample post below.  Don't forget to write comments on 3 of your partners’ posts and remember that the wordcount is 190 words.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> o <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Holidays are the best part of our lives. I’ve had so many wonderful holidays that it’s difficult to say which have been the best , but probably the most memorable ones are the days I spent in London for the first time, when I had the chance of travelling around Europe, meeting  nice people, and doing lots of interesting things.
My  first time in London was back in 1991 and I remember how excited I was because I had only seen sights of this city in some movies and on the pages of the English text books that I used at the university.  It was like a dream come true where all the things I had seen in pictures came alive, and I was part of that reality this time!  So there I was,  looking at the Houses of Parliament, the Big Ben, the Tower of London, Thames River; window shopping in Harrods;  walking along the Serpentine, the artifical lake in Hide Park;  shopping  in Waterstones,  the famous bookshop; having a “nice cuppa” tea in Covent Garden, and so on and so forth. 
My Chilean and British friends made sure that I went to as many places as possible, so  they took me the best museums and art galleries, the amazing antique fair in Portobello Market Road,  the lively Camdem Town Market, Holland Park, and a long etcetera.
Besides having fun,  I also took up a course to improve my English skills, so I had to spend some time studying and doing homework, but I enjoyed doing that. And I also learnt a lot of new things just by watching television.
As I mentioned before,  I took the advantage of the proximity and visited some other European cities like, the romantic Paris, the colourful Lisbon, and the the spectacular Amsterdam.  I took lots of pictures, but that was a long time before digital cameras were available, so I only have printed photos of that trip.
As you can see I had so much fun, did so many amazing things, and went through so many good experiences that I will never forget those days in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment