Thursday 6 September 2012

POST 1: FIRST TERM: GOOD AND BAD POINTS



Your first blog assignment consists of writing about  your experiences during the first term of 2012. You may want to include the positive and negative aspects of it.  Be sure you read my sample post to get some inspiration , and then describe:
- what you learned/studied
- the sports and free time activities you did
- the challenges/problems you had to face
- Others (family, friends, etc..)
- Word Count: 150
- make comments on at least 3 of your classmates posts.
Let me tell you about my last term.
Time really flies, the older you get, the faster it goes by. However, during this swift first term many things happened, I learned new things, I tried to make good use of my free time, overcome some problems, and  spend time with the people I care for.
Although I didn’t study anything in particular, I started to watch the chefs on cable television and learnt how to make some nice dishes. So, at least,  I can’t complain about my diet, which has improved significantly –but I’m afraid I have put on some weight, though. Well everything has  good and bad sides, doesn’t it? 
I´m ashamed to say that I don’t do much exercise, and last term was not an exception, but since I got me a new guitar I tried to catch up on  my playing skills, and so I learnt some new songs and  also spent time singing karaoke, one of my favourite past-times.  I almost forgot to mention that I did lots of repairs in my house, I built a new closet for my tools, got rid of things I had stopped  using  and had my flat painted and new curtains put up -Feg Shui experts should  be very pleased and proud of me!  Unfortunately, all the paint tubes and brushes I bought are still waiting in a box, begging me to use them.
The best thing was that I was offered a contract at the university I work for, therefore my work prospects seem to be getting better.  And something positive in this regard is that I will not have to hop from one faculty to another any more.
Another very positive aspect of last term is that, although I didn’t see much of my family, I met with my friends regularly and also made some good new acquaintances; togheter we went to lots of places, such as restaurants, the cinema, fairs, and interesting sites in Santiago.
 As you can see, even though last term seems to have been too short for me, I managed to do  lots of things. I cant’t complain, can I?

No comments:

Post a Comment