Wednesday 12 September 2012

POST 2: A COUNTRY I WOULD LIKE TO VISIT


“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” This quote was written by St. Augustine and I absolutely agree with him on this one.  Travelling is one of the things I enjoy the most in life. Besides, I have learnt lots of  things by talking to  different people from other countries and by seeing them do things in so many different ways.  I’ve been to many places but Guatemala is one of the countries I have always wanted to visit but have never been to. 

I’d like to visit Guatemala because I have heard lots of people say that antigua and Chichicastenango –two of the most important touristic places there- are even more colourful and interesting than some Mexican cities that I have already visited. Antigua is a city which was destroyed by an earthquake centuries ago, but  then it was rebuilt and became the most beautiful colonial Guatemalan city, and Chichicastenango is a place that has an important market where you can buy good fruit and vegetables, along with high quality handcraft –which is something I’m very interested in.
If I went there I would like to walk around the places, eat in nice restaurants, talk to the locals, visit the museums and buy some textiles and pottery. However I wouldn’t like to work or live there, because I think that after spending a few months there I would probably get bored -I’m a city person and I would surely miss the things that a big city like Santiago can offer.
As the saying goes: Where there's a will, there's a way, so I'm saving money and one day lady luck will help me make another dream come true.

       >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> o <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
What about you?
Today you’re supposed to write about a country you would like to visit.  Make sure you answer these questions when you write your post.
- Which country would you like to go to? Why?
- What do you know about it?
- What would you like to do there?
- Would you like to study/work/live there? Explain.

Remember to make comments on 3 of your classmates’ posts and to write 170 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment