Tuesday 13 November 2012

POST 8: MY FUTURE JOB

Today you’re supposed to talk about your future job. In order to write your post consider the following:
>At university, what major(*)  have you taken / are you thinking of taking? Explain why.
> What kind of job would you like to have? Describe.
> What aspects would you consider  when choosing your job?
> If you were asked in a job interview about your strengths and weaknesses, what would you say?
 Make sure to write around 280 words and leave comments on 3 of your partners posts.
(*) major:  a student's principal subject or course /  a student specializing in a specified subject: a math major.

USEFUL WORDS AND PHRASES:

-I’ve taken… / I’m doing a major in… / I’m thinking of taking… / I’m considering to study…/ I’m planning to do… / I have in mind to… / I’ve decided to… / I’m hoping to… / I’m playing with idea of…  __ing / I’d love to…/ I can’t choose between ….. or …../ I’m torn between ….. and ..… / It looks like I’m going to… / As long as we can get ……………, I'll be studying… / I’m not 100% sure, but I might …/ It's a toss-up between ……… and ………..  

-I’d like to get a job as…/ I’d like to work as …/ I hope to get a job in… /I wouldn’t like to…/
- Some aspects could be: Salary - Benefits - Location – Hours - Co-workers  - work atmosphere/environment.
- I’m good at … ___ing / I’m good with… (money, numbers,etc)/ I’m terrible at…./  I become nervous about ___ing  / I am very confident in… __ing / I can… / I can’t… /

No comments:

Post a Comment